Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Homemade lotion



Oh, the things I can do with a blender! This stuff is so simple you wouldn't believe. 1.5 cups low-grade olive oil, 1.5 oz bees wax, 3 cups distilled water. So next time you are at the store buying lotion, just ask yourself: which of the thirty-odd ingredients do I actually need? One downfall- it will spoil in time. Most jars last 1-2 months and then need to be replaced. But it's dirt cheap and easy to make.... Plus it doesn't cause break outs like most lotions (I usually need "oil free" store brands). It does behave a little differently on the skin as well. It goes on a little shiny, but this fades fairly fast.

My recipe results are still a little inconsistent, but I might try opening up an Esty account sometime once I have it down. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment